Saturday, November 29, 2014

Voyage a Paris

Between practice and preparation for tomorrow,
I went to check out Foujita and his contemporary artists' exhibition at Meguro Museum.

I should say I have become quite fond of this tiny museum while I live close by.
It is tiny but perfect in terms of the number they could display and tends to be quiet.
So you can focus on admiring every work.
The adjacent coffee shop is lovely, too.


Now, my head is filled with Francis Poulenc, who was also in Montparnasse around the same era Foujita was there.

How can I love a city I have never been and the era I will never get to experience so much?
I really don't know. 
But Henri Rousseau probably had a same kind of crush on those exotic lands which he painted so mysteriously yet had never been to. 
It remains unknown  to us so we could stay in love? 

I don't know. 
I still love to visit Paris one day.

Yuki


No comments:

Post a Comment